Additional Materials Related to the Book:
- Heart Risk due to Low Radiation Doses: Major Additional Evidence,
by Egan O'Connor, September 1, 2008
- CT Heart Scans: Two Warnings from U.S. Medical History
by Egan O'Connor, editor for the late Prof. John W. Gofman, M.D., Ph.D., July 10, 2008
- Comments upon the Draft Recommendations
of the International Commission on Radiological Protection.,
December 26, 2004
Submitted to the ICRP by John Gofman and Egan O'Connor
for Nuclear Responsibility . . . submits the following
comments concerning maximum annual radiation doses for workers and
members of the public, and concerning release of radioactive contaminants
into commerce (including foodstuffs) and into the environment.
- DA Proposes New X-Ray Regulations: Immense Health Benefits Possible
--- Unless Naysayers Prevail.
X-Ray-Induced Diseases, Hormesis, and Medical Ethics.
Testimony submitted to the FDA, by John Gofman and Egan O'Connor
March 31, 2003
- What Are the Main Critiques of the 1999 Study by Gofman,
after Three Years of Peer-Review?
Six Critiques of Radiation from Medical
in the Causation of Cancer and Ischemic Heart Disease (IHD),
ENVIRONMENT & HEALTH
- #693: The Major Cause of Cancer -- Part 3, 4/20/00
"I consider Gofman one of the greatest teachers of the 20th century.
His work has already changed the way the world views the dangers
radiation, and his latest book will -- eventually, after a long fight
-- revolutionize the way the world looks at medical radiation.
Cumulatively his work will save tens of millions of lives."
- RAMP Addition-1: "Expectations", 2/19/00
Demonstration, for All-Cancers-Combined:
The Findings in RAMP Are in Line with Reasonable Scientific Expectations.
A Response to Claims that the Findings
Are not in Line with Reasonable Expectations.
- RAMP Addition-2: "Causation", 2/25/00
A Response to the Comment, "Very Impressive Dose-Responses ---
But Dose-Responses Do Not Prove Causation by Radiation Because
They Do Not Rule Out Some Other Cause of the Observed Relationships."
- RAMP Addition-3: "Atherogenic Mutations", 3/9/00
The Unified Model of Atherogenesis and Acute IHD Death:
Additional Evidence Related to Monoclonality, and to Acquired Mutations.
- One Easy and
Important Step You Can Take
Toward Avoiding Cancer and Coronary Heart Disease:
An Affordable Summary of New Evidence about X-Rays, 2/00
- Are X-Ray Procedures Equivalent, in
Extra Radiation Dose,
To Taking an Airplane Trip?, 2/28/00
- What Is an "Entrance Dose" of X-Rays?, 2/00
- PDF copy: Health Affairs Book Review, March/April 2000