The Committee for Nuclear Responsibility, Inc. (CNR) is a non-profit educational group organized in 1971 to provide independent analyses of the health effects and sources of ionizing radiation. Research in this field is not commercially viable. Most radiation research, analysis, and publications are funded, directly or indirectly, by governments and other sponsors whose activities cause exposure to ionizing radiation. By contrast, CNR's work is independent of sponsorship from such sources. The work is supported by persons who value "second opinions."
This book, Radiation from Medical Procedures in the Pathogenesis of Cancer and Ischemic Heart Disease, begins where the previous CNR study ended.
back to Radiation from Medical Procedures
The Library of Congress Catalog Number (LCCN) is 99-045096.This book is manufactured in the United States of America, at Consolidated Printers in Berkeley CA. It is available from the publisher, from online bookstores, and from library distributors.
Committee for Nuclear Responsibility. Tel 415-776-8299.
Hardcover: ISBN 0-932682-97-9. $35.00. Paperback: ISBN 0-932682-98-7. $27.00.
Paper in both editions is pH neutral. There are 699 pages per book, and page-size is 8.5 x 11 inches upright (21.6 x 27.9 cm).
Both the hardcover and softcover editions are sturdy and durable. The hardcover has a glossy laminated casing (no jacket); the textblock is Smyth-sewn. Librarians can obtain additional details about the binding from the publisher.
Related books by John W. Gofman:
- What We Do Know about Heart Attacks. 1957.
- Dietary Prevention and Treatment of Heart Disease. Co-authors: Alex V. Nichols and E. Virginia Dobbin. 1958. LCCN 58-10072.
- Coronary Heart Disease. 1959. LCCN 58-14073.
- Radiation and Human Health. 1981. LCCN 80-26484.
- Xrays: Health Effects of Common Exams. Co-author: Egan O'Connor. 1985. LCCN 84-23527.
- Radiation-Induced Cancer from Low-Dose Exposure: An Independent Analysis. 1990. LCCN 89-62431.
- Chernobyl Accident: Radiation Consequences for This and Future Generations. 1994. ISBN 5-339-00869-X (Vysheishaya Shkola Publishing House, Minsk, Belarus).
- Preventing Breast Cancer: The Story of a Major, Proven, Preventable Cause of This Disease. 1995/96. LCCN 94-69129 (lst edition, 1995). LCCN 96-2453 (2nd edition, 1996).